Job Advert – Evaluation Consultant
AMAR International Charitable Foundation (AMAR) seeks to appoint an appropriately experienced consultant (Evaluator) to conduct an Evaluation of the “Combating Religious Discrimination in Southern Iraq” Project, funded by the European Union.
The objective of the Evaluation will be to enable the Evaluator to examine and produce a report on the impact and effectiveness of the Project in achieving its Objectives and expected Results.
The basis for the Evaluation will be a desk review of project documentation, a field visit to Southern Iraq and interviews with project staff and beneficiaries. The Evaluation Criteria will be the common Development Assistance Committee (DAC) criteria:
· To request the full Terms of Refence, email Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
· To apply, send your CV along with a cover letter addressing each point in the Person Specification to Jessica.email@example.com by 22 September 2017.
· The field visit will take place in October 2017.
. The written report will be submitted to AMAR by 15 November 2017.
The negotiated fee will cover all costs associated with completing the activity, including international travel and accommodation during the field visit. AMAR will provide internal field travel to project sites and additional logistical support including translation where required.
- Master’s level degree in human rights or a related discipline.
- 10 years of relevant working experience, i.e. conducting evaluations or impact assessments.
- Working knowledge of regional and global human rights challenges, indicators, strategies and goals, as set by UN agencies and the EU.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of human rights policy, strategies and implementation, including significant experience of working in this field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the human rights conditions, needs and challenges of Iraq.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Arabic would be an advantage.
- Independence from AMAR.
- An understanding of international Grant-making procedures.